jeudi 26 avril 2018

Reef tank minimalism?

Anyone have tips, advice, recommendations for what I will call "reef tank minimalism"? Over the past several years, we've seen the minimalist trend in the housing and lifestyle industries; this approach of stripping away all the superlative fluff and living with just the basics.

Now that I've rekindled my love of SW aquaria, I want to get my mixed reef tank back in shape and add color/shape/movement again. However, I don't really have the time, or frankly the energy, to devote an OCD obsession to this hobby like I used to many years ago.

I want a good-looking tank with some colorful corals and neat little critters to watch. But I want to keep is as simple and easy-to-maintain as possible. Would any TRT members consider their reef tanks to be minimalist but still interesting and cool to look at? What have you done to minimize the effort and maintenance needed for your tanks? What easy-care corals, inverts, and fish do you keep?

I'd like to spend more time staring at my tank and relaxing than constantly maintaining it.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire