dimanche 22 avril 2018

T5 Light Modification

So for my 55 gal tank I picked up a used coralife 48” ho quad light. First reef tank so I don’t have much experience with other lights but I’m happy with it and with how much I have into it. Well I’ve been replacing the bulbs every other week over to ATI bulbs and while on brs I noticed they had ATI bassast so I’ve been tossing around the idea of going ahead and replacing them before they become a issue. While getting ready to order them I then noticed they had dimmable ATI bassast that could be used with a light controller, that got me thinking about maybe a custom rebuild of my light so that brings up my question what are the benefits of being able to dim t5 light? Would the benefits out weigh the cost?

The ballast are $65.99 each. Need 2
Reefkeeper alc to be able to dim is another $79.99
And I’m guessing the alc is just a module and will need a reefkeeper controller cheapest one use $129.99

Unless anyone knows of a difference t5 dimmable controller

So that’s $341 to add dimming to my lights seems a little high to just add that but that’s why I’m asking. And I’m sure I can find other uses for the reefkeeper controller

Or just buy the regular ballast for $26.99 each?

Thanks matt


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire