jeudi 24 mars 2016

72x24x15 rimless

Finally had my custom tank delivered and figured I throw up the details, specs and plans for this "build" for those interested:

As the title states; it is a 72x24x15 rimless shallow glass tank manufactured by Planet Aquariums in Arlington Texas.

1/2" walls with a 3/4" bottom. All regular glass with black silicone. (Low iron was not worth the additional cost to me with a tank of this dimension)

Center overflow with a simple 1.5" and 1" hole drilled for schedule 80 bulkheads.

Obviously the 1.5" for the overflow and 1" for the return. (The return will be T'd in to two 3/4" returns on either side of the box)

The tank will be plumbed with all schedule 40 flex. (I just prefer schedule 80 bulkheads).

* Return pump duties will be handled by EcoTech's Vectra M1. (First time I will be using a DC return pump, but the features and manufacturer alone sold me)

* Sump is the Eshopps R-300 (36x16x16) with refugium. (Got a killer deal and also a refugium first for me as I've always run media)

* Skimmer is a simple Bubble Magus C6. (I've run high end $kimmer$ on other tanks in the past, but I've always had better luck with the cheaper BM's believe it or not)

* Display lighting will be 4, AI Vega Colors mounted utilizing AI's tank mounts and EXT rails. (Already had the fixtures, so why not use them).

(Vegas's will be upgraded later to Hydra 52's via AI's upgrade kit).

Refugium lighting will be an AI Nano.

* Tank flow will be handled by two MP40's with upgraded QD drivers. (Along with whatever flow I get from the Vectra).

* Heaters are two 300w Finnex Deluxe Titanium's. (One as a backup)

* System control and interface is an Apex JR with appropriate expansion modules. (AWM, WXM, PM1, PM2, etc...)

On the order sheet I asked that black vinyl be applied to the back glass. It came in without, so instead of waiting weeks and deal with all that mess, I simply painted the back yesterday after work.

I currently have all equipment on hand to include 160 pounds of Fiji pink and 75 pounds of Pukani that is currently curing. (Nasty rock)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire