samedi 26 mars 2016

Drilling holes - where and how big?

I'm moving houses, yet again, and with this tank tear down I'd like to add some overflow/return holes into the tank and rid myself of the nuisance HOB stuff.
We're thinking of drilling through the bottom for the out flow (into sump) and having a tube come up to the desired water level and capping it with some sort of mesh. For the in flow (back into tank) we were thinking we'd drill into the back of the tank. Can this be underwater even if the return pump isn't too strong?
The next question is hole size. The tank is 180 gallons with a 50 gallon sump/refugium. I was thinking about 2 1/2-3 inch diameter holes should be good?
This is the first drilling on a tank I've ever attempted, so any and all advice/recommendations are wonderful!
Thanks.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire