vendredi 25 mars 2016

Is this Euphyllia baliensis?

So I bought a smaller piece of live rock because I liked how it looked. About 4 weeks after I got it, I noticed a little brown growth coming out one of the tips of the rock skeletal structure. It has more than cdoubled in size since I first noticed it. I have been trying to figure out what it is, and I think I found it, but would like some confirmation. It looks like Euphyllia baliensis to me.

Side view:




Front view (best I could get):




To me, it looks an awful lot like a tiny version of this:




And the structure it is growing out of the very tip of what looks like one of the stalks of a dead adult.

I also saw a 2nd one growing today, and also out of the tip of one of the skeletal stalks. I can't get to it with the camera though. I'm hoping it is Euphyllia baliensis because it would be pretty cool to start from basically a spore and see it grow out. I only have one coral in my tank thus far, and it's a torch.

That said, if this is what it is, does anyone have any advice for care?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire