mardi 29 mars 2016

Duncan Coral Reproducing

So my LFS had some individual Duncan heads on sale, so I decided to pick one up. I noticed that it has 3 newly-developing heads on its sides after being recently fragged. I did some googling and saw that they can get pretty big and build on themselves quite a bit.

Since mine is relatively small and only a single head at the moment, the stalk is pretty thin...maybe 3/4" wide (if that), and the frag rock is about the width of the stalk itself. Once the heads start adding on, will that base stalk increase in width to compensate for the mass it accumulates? Is there anything I could/should do to prepare for a potentially overbearing weight or load on it, or does that work itself out? Maybe put on a wider base stone at the bottom?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire