lundi 28 mars 2016

New Dosing Plan and Calcium Carbonate Precipitate

A few weeks ago I started dosing to increase my Ca, kH and Magnesium levels after discussion with the owner of a reef farm in my area. I have listed my current levels and the levels I am shooting for bellow.

My Current Levels:
Ca:400 (Salifert)
kH:11.4 (Salifert)
Mg:1300 (Salifert)
Nitrate:.5 (SeaChem)
Photphate: undetectable (Salifert)
Salinity: 1.024
ph: 8.12(night) 8.28(Day) (low/high)(Apex Lab Grade Probe)



Dosing Info:
ESV Bionic Ca: 15ml/day
ESV Bionic CO2-: 15ml/day
ESV Bionic Mg: As Needed
All dosed by hand in the morning (About midnight Tank Time)


My Target:
Ca:415
kH:11.4
Mg:1350
Nitrate:undetectable
Photphate: undetectable
Salinity: 1.024

I am seeing a small amount of what looks like precipitate in the water and a small amount building up on the bare bottom. Is this something that is normal to see when dosing to these levels?

Also what do you all think of the levels that I am shooting for. I have selected these because I am moving toward sps and I purchase the majority from the reef farm that recommended these levels, that's what all their tanks are kept at. I can already see that my birdsnest is loving the raised level, although i have no clue where they were exactly before. (API test kits are horrible!!!)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire