mercredi 30 mars 2016

Pipe size.

Hi everyone! First post here ..

Soooo I made one of those PVC overflow things that you see all over Youtube with 1.5" piping and it's been working great. I ordered a 1.5" ball valve with unions, and just realized that the ball valve itself is about 1 1/4" ID .. will it affect my flow since my pump puts out about 1100gph ? Without the ball valve, it flows really well, maybe a little too well .. So if I add the ball valve, will it restrict the flow that much?

The reason why I wanted the ball valve was because the overflow is actually flowing more than my pump puts out, so I wanted to restrict the flow of the overflow just a tad, but I don't know if this ball valve will restrict it too much seeing as how it's a quarter inch smaller in diameter. All the calculators I've used states that 1.25" will only flow around 950gph .. Would it be different since I have 1.5" leading to the 1.25" then back to 1.5" ?

TIA!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire