mardi 23 février 2016

Overflow Re-Design

Hello All, planning to change my overflow from the typical Durso stand pipe to a bean animal due to the extreme noise from the overflow. This is 180 AGA with dual overflows - (2) plastic overflow weirs siliconed to the rear wall of the tank and (2) Durso standpipe holes drilled for each overflow/return at the bottom of the tank.

The tank has been up and running for about 4 months and my plan is the following - use the Durso standpipe holes as the (2) drain pipes needed for Bean Animal overflows. Run the sump return lines up and over the back of the tank.

Question - can I remove the Durso stand pipes and bulkheads in the bottom of the tank to allow just the water inside the overflow to drain to sump? Then I could modify the Durso drains to Bean Animal. I'm concerned about leaking water from the display tank.

Thanks in advance for your help.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire