lundi 22 février 2016

Introduction

Hello. I have never had a salt water tank. I am starting with a 35 gallon tall tank with about 30 lbs of live rock. I bought my tank off of Craigslist and am hoping I got an awesome deal. We kept the water from already in the tank but had to add some water and salt. Set it up Saturday afternoon. Seems the salt is still low. Letting it cycle before I take the water in to be tested. Figure I'll make the trip to the store on Saturday.

Trying to figure out how to set up the rock. Right now it just doesn't look right. With it being a tall tank I'd like to go up but am scared they will fall.

Only negative in this whole purchase (well there is two negatives) is that the light was damaged in transit and now I need to find and inexpensive light. (The other negative is that the guy must have smoked cigars and the stand/tank smells. Cleaned the stand with lemon centered stuff every few hours. Hope the smell didn't' soak into the plastic and rubber of the pump and stuff. No way to clean it without getting rid of lots of water and starting over.)

I plan to add coral to the tank eventually and maybe a few fish (only about 3 or 4). I'd like a starfish also but need to find one that won't eat my coral.

Right now I want to cycle and see where my rock goes. There may be stuff on it that will come back to life.

-Tyschire


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire