lundi 20 avril 2015

What's that green stuff?

Hello everyone. I have a question about something green that has appeared on one my rocks. I've attached a photo where you can see what I'm talking about.

Whatever it is, it does not come off by scrubbing it. It's not slimy or hairy. I want to identify it ASAP to limit any nuisance algae outbreaks. It's a very faint green color. Up until now, it only appears on this one rock.

My tank is fairly new, about 4 weeks into the cycle. My ammonia is at 0, nitrites 5+, nitrates ~20, ph 7.4, kh ~300. I have no livestock in the tank.

I started this tank with ~45 lbs of 100% dry rock and ~40 lbs of live sand.

Anyone have any clue what this green stuff growing on my rock is?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: image1.jpeg Views: N/A Size: 1.16 MB ID: 118099  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire