mercredi 1 octobre 2014

DIY overflow help

Ive finally got my diy overflow hooked up and im testing it out on my frag tank and im noticing its not removing the oily film.. the film follows the water in, goes down and some of it actually comes back up and into the tank.. weird.



do I need to add little slits to keep the oil in the basket? and how do I get the oil from the basket into the drain? this overflow is also running really slow. I cant run it any faster because it is being fed from my dt (dt overflow comes to a stand still with higher flow) until I get another pump to run it on its own pump, but even then being a 10g tank I would only want it to be about this fast anyways because its going to be a frag tank for softies.



don't make fun of my overflow :p this is the 'use anything you can without spending money' overflow made of 2 10g hob filters











the oil follows the surface in on the top side of the opening, drops with the water about half an inch and then will follow the surface UP and OUT of the overflow at the bottom




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire