dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Help with choosing a tank!

Hello:dance:. First time poster been lurking about a month reading deep into the VAST depths of information on reef tanks. I'm excited to start my reef tank up and due to finances and schedule I'll be waiting until around January to assemble start cycling the tank.



My thoughts right now are a 75-120 gallon display tank with a 30% sump. I plan to have a shallow sand bed for aesthetic reasons despite the potential for detritus to build up in the sediment.



I have tons of questions but will save most of them for later on as hopefully between now and then I will find lots of answers on my own!



But right now what I really need help with is finding tank manufacturers. I plan to construct the fish tank stand myself and that will probably take me a month to do. So I want to start that ASAP! I obviously can not build the thing though until I choose a tank unless I oversize it.



So far I've only looked at deep blue's reef ready tanks. They're pretty expensive though in the size im looking at. I've read briefly about aqueon, but at the moment I'm an open book and would LOVE to get some advice and opinions on tank manufacturers.



If you were starting anew how would you go about picking your tank?



How do you weight and rank the different attributes of a tank. (Acrylic is best? or is glass best?, is the material small potatoes compared to the manufacturing method?)



Is it better to have a TALL tank or a deep tank (60Wx18Hx24D vs. 60Wx24Hx18D?)



Anything else to note?



Thanks for any info in advance,



Trevor




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire