lundi 27 octobre 2014

Hair Algae

I'm having a serious hair algae problem in one of my betta tanks. It started in one tank earlier this year and got so bad I moved him to another tank so I could thoroughly clean that one. The new tank he was in developed hair algae in a few weeks. I moved him back to his now clean tank, replaced the gravel and bought new decorations in case that was how it was carried over. It came back again. I soaked his old tank in bleach and again replaced the gravel/decoration - still returned. I even went as far as to buy a brand new tank! Nothing was moved over but the fish itself and the hair algae STILL popped up!



I recently tried AlgaeStop and while it seemed to work, it still returned within a few weeks. I use the same tanks for my other bettas with no issues so I know it's not the lighting or filtration. His tank has been moved repeatedly and gets less natural light than some others, so that's not it either. I feed him the same amount as the non-algae nightmare tanks.



I'm seriously at my wits end with this. Its like this poor fish is cursed with hair algae. It just follows him around. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire