lundi 27 octobre 2014

Rena Filstar XL Issue

Hey everyone just looking for some help on an issue i am having with a Rena Filstar XL canister filter. It is a 4 basket filter. I love these Renas but recently been having issues with my XL (my M on my freshwater works without this issue)



I did a new media change on this filter (added carbon). After doing this i hooked everything back up and let the water come into the filter like i always do and wait 5 mins before turning back on.



The spray bar seems to be pushing out a ton of bubbles. I have opened and re seated the media trays multiple times without luck. shaking or leaning the filter seems to have a leak toward one side. I am thinking it isnt a great seal. But i cant figure out why one side is leaking. If it was O ring issue it would leak all around the top not just one side.



Any ideas to try would be great. (it doesnt seem to leak when in use) just the air taking in seems to be causing air bubbles and LOTS of bubbles in show tank.



I have some extra hoses and may try to run them tonight, my hoses are a bit to long but i have heard going to short is an issue as well.



Let me know if anyone has any ideas to try....




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire