lundi 27 octobre 2014

Having trouble starting corals...zoas and acans

I am having difficulties getting both zoas and acans established in my tank. I am on my 3rd try with an acan and 4th or 5th with zoas. I just can't seem to get them going. I have several other corals (mushrooms, duncans, frogspawn, etc) which are doing fine in the tank. I am looking for suggestions on how to get these guys started and established in my tank. Here are some facts/ideas:



1. I buy frags, so they always come on a disk. I put the frags into a frag rock on the bottom of the tank. It is difficult to get the disks to stay in the rock, so they often come out and end up on the sand.



2. Is there too much flow? I have a 90 gallon cube, and 2 powerheads in opposite corners to generate the flow. They run 24 hours. Should I set one of them on a timer? Turn one or both off for a period?



3. Should I skip the frag rock and just mount the disk onto my LR?



Any advice/ suggestions are welcome. I LOVE both of these coral, and I just can't seem to have any success with them. Please help a desperate fellow reefer!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire