dimanche 25 mai 2014

Strange creature living on hermit crab

Ok so I'm now 6 weeks into my first marine aquarium - a converted Juwel Visio 180.



I have a turbo snail, nas snail, two hermit crabs, 1 clownfish.



When I added the clown and nas snail a few weeks back I started hearing clicking from the tank. Generally 1 or two clicks. Initially I thought it was the glass and was worried but upon further investigation it looks like it could be either a pistol or mantis shrimp.



This may be unrelated but last night I noticed I didn't hear the clicking noise (which was unusual) and also that my emerald hermit crab had lost some of the coloring on it's shell.



[PS I can send you a pic but this forum wouldn't let me add an image or url to an image because this is my first post. Absolutely crazy functionality.. WHY?]



See the smaller like shell attached to the big shell.. the white ring around the base of the smaller shell. Anyway something strange appears to be living in the smaller shell?! It looks like there is a gap between the smaller shell and the larger one and what looks to be a black worm or something keeps poking out of the gap.



Not sure if this is related to the clicking noises at all but does anyone have any idea what this might be?



Strange but fascinating!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire