mercredi 21 mai 2014

New Nano Tank Build

Well I was able to pick up a nice 14 gallon used nano tank this past weekend. I was able to convince the wife of it by saying we can put it in the nursery (not due till December so i need time to get the tank ready i told her). Any picked up the tank yesterday, tested it with water and everything seems to be working.



I ordered the rock,heater, and sand today. I got



12 pounds of fiji dry rock

5 pounds of tonga shelf (flat plates)

5 pounds of live rock rubble

10 pounds of hawaiian black live sand



My plans for once it comes in is to sculpt the new rock, fill the tank with water, and add the sand. now i will let the tank and everything cycle till all my readings come back clear. (I am guessing this will take about 4-6 weeks) after this time passes i will take all the water out, add the sand into the tank and then add water back to the tank.



Once my readings are 0 should I add a piece of live rock from my current tank in order to kickstart/seed the new live rock



Does this seem like a good game plan for this new tank?



Also i have one of those biocube protein skimmer. Is it worth putting in my first chamber?



Also i was planning on placing the live rock rubble in middle part of back. . .



and then my heater in the third compartment along with my pump.

(Do i need to pay attention to the min/max lines on the side of the tank?)



Does all this seem right?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire