jeudi 22 mai 2014

Cleaner shrimp from hell!!!!

I finally had it with these so called skunk shrimp. They were early additions to my reef which I suspect is partially the problem.



They grew to be dominant and sabotage many of my corals. They ripped the food from the gut of my candy canes to the extent that they eventually died.



They were praying on my anemone and were not allowing it to eat the shrimp I provided it.



They danced all over the tentacles of other corals and picked away at the rotifers I feed them. This simply contributed to annoying them to the extent that they retracted and didn't fully extend as often as I would have liked.



So in short, I decided to eliminate them. I know this sounds awful but it was them or my corals. I couldn't catch them since it required turning my reef upside down.



My solution was to fill a syringe with H2O2 and place a shrimp on the tip, Once they approached the food I sprayed them with it and they spazzed out upon their death.



Good riddance.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire