vendredi 28 mars 2014

Upcoming seahorse tank...would love input

Tank is a 30 gal half moon. Height is 26 1/2in



Hey everyone. I am going to be starting a seahorse tank. I have 2 other saltwater tanks and been doing this for a few years. Always wanted seahorses but waited to get a feel for everything. It took me almost 2 months to decide on a tank... I have the tank right now and its empty because Im having a custom made stand done. I have LED lights that came with the tank that should work out just great Anyways, Im stuck on a few things. I want as little to no live rock in the tank. Was considering a canister but the LFS (hes been in it over 20 yrs) while Im glad he gave his opinion..... he doesnt know a lot about seahorses and admitted it he said a HOB would be great. I would prefer the tank to be closer to the wall anyways.



So at the moment, which would you recommend?



Next is going to be a chiller. If Im going to do this, I want to do it right. Ive done tons of research, been stalking these site as well as the other sites mentioned. Some say just use frozen water bottles and others say get a chiller or dont use one. Even though the lighting is very minimal on this tank, I want to make sure Im covered.



Lastly for now, if I have to go out of town for a few days. Would you recommend having someone feed them OR get a automatic feeder?



TIA




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire