vendredi 28 mars 2014

So what's wrong with a little dirt?

I feed both black & white worms almost daily.

I sometimes end up with particles of soil and peat moss in the process. I try to avoid it, but them i wonder sometimes if a little 'dirt' is good for the water. I'm sure it has bacteria and possibly other essentials that my system might benefit from.



The medium I use for the white worms is garden soil....baked prior to use to kill off mites, grubs, etc. and peatmoss. I try to buy the PM from Canada, where there's less acid rain from the U.S. coalfired power plants. {haha}.



Seriously, I think I'll just not worry so much if a few tiny chunks of soil go into the water. My gut tells that [in moderation] it just might be a good thing for the system.



RSVP

Dave




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire