dimanche 30 mars 2014

Hydroids galore!!......Help!

I have hydroids in my tank for a few months now. They have ruined all my corals, and I think they are stinging the fish, which is where I have to draw the line! I have the digitate, colonial, and algae (where they grow and extend like a tree). The colonial ones have a white tube with pink, feathery ummmm..tentacles? At first I thought they were pretty feather dusters, but no way, they are my nemesis!



These hydroids are growing in my refugium, even in my skimmer! My first thought was to give up, I've been beaten down so many times, then I thought to start over with new base rock (still not a bad idea), BUT here is my big idea - has anyone ever tried copper? At this point I am willing to sacrifice the coral.



I was thinking of removing the rock, treating it with copper - which will also kill off all those nasty aiptasia - and running a little copper thru my main tank, removing all crabs and snails first of course.



I've scoured the web and couldn't find anything, but would appreciate any opinions or experiences......anyone?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire