samedi 29 mars 2014

Loosing Coralline Algae

Hi,



I have a newer reef tank ~ 5 months old and am somewhat a newbe as well. I have a 125 gal tanbk set up and running with 100# of live rock from Figi and Bali. The pieces from Bali were more expensive because they have some nice coralline algae growing on them.



Unfortunately, I have just realized the coralline rocks are getting a powder white color where there used to be the nice red growth. I have lost more than half of the coralline algae in the DT but there is definitly growth in the sump.



I keep the water in great condition for all levels, 0 AM, Nitrate, Phosphate and ~450 for calcium. Temps are between 77-78...



Any thoughts to get the growth back? Hate to loose the nice color....



Thanks!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire