lundi 31 mars 2014

It's almost time to cycle and I need some HELP! Please

Hi Guys...

Hey I am new to the site, thanks for letting me join, I am so excited to be here!

I have had saltwater tanks on and off for about 5yrs, something always seems to come up and I end up selling it off, and every time wishing I didn't.



Well here I am again, but this time, in it for a long haul!

I have bought a 75 gallon tank, with a stand, Canopy, trickle filter, skimmer, two power heads, and a LED lighting.

The stand and canopy was wood and not in the best of shape!

So I have painted it a Beautiful white, and made sure the inside of the canopy was also painted white for a great light reflection !

I also I used nice durable paint for easy cleaning, I am so excited!!!



Ok to the point, I am looking to start it going, and need too get the cycling going!

So here is were I may need some help!

~ First off I am not sure if you can use old dried out sand? The guy I bought the set-up from has 2 Five gallon buckets that he used in this tank over a year ago, it has been sitting in these buckets for over a year! I haven't opened them yet, and not sure how to go about it! So if anyone has any ideas on that would be great too.

~ Second If I can't use that sand stuff in the buckets, should I use Sand or Crushed Coral? and How many bags to use in my 75 gallon? I don't want a deep bed!

~ Third What can I do to start the cycling process?

Is there a chemical I can buy to help get it started?

Or should I buy some live rock?

~ Finally~ What is a good place in the Michiana Area were I can buy rocks, fish, and maybe coral ? I am kinda worried about buying from Petco, they had a bad time with Ich..

* I thought there might be someone with a few extra pieces of unwanted dried or live rock they could throw my way*:wavey:

If anyone can help me answer some of my questions I have listed above, I would just so deeply appreciate it.

Please feel free to email me anytime.



Thank for letting me join and enjoy everyone of you!

Mellissa




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire