mercredi 22 avril 2015

Red Sea Nitrate Pro Test Kit Question

Hi gang,

So I have an old version of the Red Sea Nitrate pro test kit. I say 'old' because I recently saw a Youtube video of what I believe is a newer version of the test kit that uses powder for reagents B and C instead of liquids. I tried to buy the new version but it's not sold ANYWHERE. Anyways, not the point of this post.

My test kit is the one with three liquid vials labeled A, B, and C.

My question is this. I lost the instruction booklet and I can't seem to figure out how to test for nitrates above 4ppm. The color disc goes up to 4ppm and I am clearly above 4ppm (not happy about it and started vodka regimen about 6 weeks ago to bring it down) but I cant figure out how to test for nitrates higher than this so I can set a baseline and see when they start to come down.

Apparently the test is supposed to be able to test for nitrates up to 64ppm if you use a different combination of tank water and reagents, but without the instruction booklet I can't figure out what the right combination is to test for levels above 4ppm. I also would need to know what colors correspond to what levels of nitrates at the lower sensitivity combo of reagents as well as how much time to let the reaction happen. Basically I need to know every detail you can offer.

I also haven't found a single instructional video or pamphlet online that addresses this question.

FYI i can easily test for nitrates up to 4ppm level so please do not reiterate this information. I'm looking just for high range testing from 4ppm - 64ppm.

Thanks in advance for any help!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire