mercredi 22 avril 2015

New to saltwater

Hello all, my name is AlphaAnt. I had a freshwater tank for many years, but life got in the way and I had to get rid of it a few years back. Now that I have a young child, I figured now would be an excellent time to get a new tank, and I've decided to take the plunge into a reef tank.

Here's my equipment so far:
  • Aqueon 36g bowfront (what can I say, it was on sale)
  • 100W heater
  • 2 Hydor Koralia Nano 425 Powerheads
  • Aquaclear 70 Power Filter
  • Orbit Marine LED Light, 24-36"
My plan going forward:
  • Start with live sand, 30 lbs of base rock and 15 lbs of live rock.
  • Purchase water from my LFS (when I can figure out how to transport enough of it)
  • Start with a couple clowns, eventually get a Kaudern's Cardinal or two, and a sixline wrasse; I'm taking suggestions/advice on where to go from there.
  • I won't start out with a sump, but I plan to add one eventually. I am not sure I am comfortable drilling the glass, so I guess it would have to be a siphon overflow. When I can find a good deal on a standard 10 gallon tank, I'll pick it up to go inside the stand.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire