lundi 9 février 2015

SPS Coloration Question

Hello All. See tank parameters below. My tank has been up for about 5 months now. I'm striving for a SPS dominant tank. I currently have various acropora and monti frags with a larger pink birdsnest. Acros are about halfway up the tank and the monti are now down very low. Coloration is not the greatest and I've lost some of my monti frags from what looks like bleaching. The montis that I lost looked great in the beginning but started to bleach soon after. I since moved them to the bottom of the tank. My acros and birdsnest have really good PE but are somewhat brown, but with color on the tips. I have a small zoa with 8 polyps and a acan frag that look really good, but a Duncan with 1 polyp that stays retracted. My system is super clean phosphates and nitrates read zero since the initial tank cycle. Ca, Alk, and Mg extremely stable since day 1. I'm getting Coraline algae growth and pods. I wonder if my system is too clean or my lights are too bright? I would like to switch to XM 20K for a bluer look but was also wondering if that would cause issues?



180G DT

75G DIY Sump w/ Refugium, 7" DSB, Chaeto

6' Hamilton Light Fixture, 3-250W 14K Hamilton MH, 4-60" T5HO, LED

Electronic Ballasts

Neptune Apex

100# Pukani Rock

2-7" 100 Micron Filter Socks

2 separate BRS reactors with GFO and Carbon

3 BRS dosers for Ca, Alk, Mg

Aquamaxx Cone-S C03 Skimmer

Emperor Aquatics 80W UV

3-Vortech MP40's

Sicce Syncra 4.0 Retrun Pump

Current Fish Load, Percula Clown pair, Red Coris Wrasse, Cleaner Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Domino Damsel, Longnose Hawkfish

Various SPS Frags



Tank Parameters:

Salinity - 1.023-1.024

PH - 8.25

Ca - 420

Alk - 9 dKH

Mg - 1320

Nitrate - 0

Phosphate - 0




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire