mardi 24 février 2015

Brandon's new 125

About a week or so ago my wife called me while I was at work with interesting news. That there was standing water in our basement and it wasn't raining. So I thought a pipe broke since its been so cold here. So I left work and went home. When I leave in the morning it's still dark out and no lights on in the house so everything appeared normal. When I got home I hit the basement for a couple hours with a shop vac. When I got the water up and the insulation in the ceiling down i noticed the pipes weren't leaking and it appeared the water was coming from the floor right near my fridge. When I get upstairs I hear the distinguished sound of a mag drive running dry. When I look at my tank it is half empty. The bottom had developed a leak and been draining all night. The leak appeared to be coming from the bottom panel. This is where panic mode kicked in. I freaked. My 110 was finally getting to a point that I was happy with. Everything was growing and everyone was happy. Minus my red bug problem I was happy. Now I was watching everything I worked so hard for just sitting there with no home.



So I began immediately tearing down the tank. I got all of my fish and corals out and scattered them between buckets and totes. When all the fish were out i began pulling out the rocks. Finally after about 4 hours the tank was empty. Now i had nowhere to put the corals. I couldn't put them in just any tank cause one piece was about 12x15. So I left everything in my dining room and began getting all of my equipment out. If I ordered a new 110 it would have taken over a week to get in. So my wife said to call around to shops and see if anyone has a four foot tank big enough. After calling around the closest thing I find is a 150 (48x24x31) which would have been awesome but it was nearly a grand for the tank and stand. Ugh. My day is plummeting. Then my wife remembers she has a 125 in the basement at her shop. She told me I can set it up in the living room. So off to the store I race to get the 6ft tank and stand.





When I get the tank in it's a trip to Homedepot. I rushed this build but I got everything I need in one trip at Home Depot :D

After a few hours I have the corals in the tank and a Tunze 6095 for flow. I was up most of the night making water but I got it all filled. The next day I added the rest of the water and turned the beast on. Everything worked perfectly. Well as perfect as about 10hrs of winging it can be.



More to come.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire