vendredi 27 février 2015

RO vs. RODI

I have been researching prior to purchase both here and on other sites including vendor sites like BRS etc and I am getting more and more confused. Here are my specific tanks and also my expectations. Perhaps you folks can get me in the right direction.



I have a 95G fresh community tank that I put in for the wife, and, a relatively new SW 55G tank with 55lbs of live rock, a few fishes and currently a healthy diatom bloom. In both cases I want to move to pure-water for changes and top offs.



However, to save a few bucks to offset the cost of the RO or RODI unit, I want to replace my "spring" water service supporting our drinking / cooking water in the kitchen. It's one of those five gallon bubblers.



So the questions are as follows.



1. Do I only need the RO system to support the tanks and refill the five gallon bubbler containers?



2. Is DI necessary in your opinion? And if so, can you suggest a system that has the RO drinking output? BRS has a stage 4 at 75GPD but that comes with a pressurized tank etc that I dont think I require.



Looking forward to your comments.



Tom




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire