jeudi 26 février 2015

Pico 4 gallon SPS advice

Hello,



Recently I shut down my 55 gallon reef tank due to the fact that I am on a college budget and living at my parent house (will save large tanks for when I have my own permanent home). Currently I have an Innovative Marine Pico 4 tank and would like to know the possibility of growing SPS in it and any advice you guys may have. I will give the details of my tank below:



Upgrades:

- Replaced stock pump with higher output Eheim compact 600 pump

- upgrading to Aqua Illuminations Prime LED unit (waiting on release)

- Upgrade media Basket to larger size



Filtration:

-sponge

- activated carbon

- GFO



Additives:

- Zeovit Amino Acids, Pohls XTRA, Coral Vitalizer, Sponge Power, Coral Snow



Livestock:

- 1 snail



Do you guys think that once I upgrade the lighting I will be able to support SPS?

Since my only livestock is one snail my water quality is absolutely pristine. I have very slight amounts of algae in the corners of my glass but that is it. I only perform water changes for something to do, because there is no food or fish waste in my water to dirty it. I am willing to be consistent with water changes for the sake of Ca,Mg, Alk replacement. I am becoming bored of LPS and for the record, all my LPS are extremely healthy if that helps.



Thank you,

Daniel



P.S. I have been thinking of going full zeovit in my tank but face the obvious issue (no room for reactor). So you guys see any issue with me putting the Zeo Stones straight into my media basket and just shaking them every day?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire