mardi 24 février 2015

Lets Talk MH - Thinking Of Switching

I have been running LED's over my reef tanks for years and at one point saw decent growth however I have been doing a lot of reading and I am starting to question this and thinking of moving to MH/T5HO



Heres what I want to achive.



220g Reef / 30g Frag tank

Mainly SPS but other corals as well to fill in areas

Great Growth

Great Color



So I have been making upgrades to my tank to prepare for an SPS tank. Added things like a doser, frag tank to grow out SPS, and am removing my sand bed.



I am thinking of running 4 T5HO's 2x ATI Blue+ 2x Coral+ and 3x 250W MH 20k Radiums. This will be over my 220g. For the frag tank I am thinking of just running a single MH over. beings its only 12" deep I am debating on just using a 175w MH but may just get another 250w not sure what would be best.



I am running 4x AI Hydra 26's currently and I just dont think they are enough. They are NEW and I could sell them all to cover the cost of switching. I am not looking forward to the $ of bulb replacment but we are making more money now and the added cost shouldnt cause an issue.



I am looking at a 72" Hamilton Cebu Sun Metal Halide + T5 HO Lighting System for the 220g and then trying to find a used MH for my frag tank from someone.



Any other nice Fixtures out there that I should take a look at?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire