mardi 24 février 2015

lighting opinions needed

I'm almost positive this has been asked before but I cant find it

This will be for a 125G tank....



I just recently got back into the hobby, I had a 29G reef tank and a 125G that I took care of. but that was back in 2007...sold everything when I went into the military and I missed it so I came back



but im having a hard time trying to decide what to do with my lighting situation, currently I have this 72" AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures (I haven't posed enough things yet to put a link in it)



I chose this because of the built in timer, I know I can grow the easier corals with it but I would like to eventually get into some SPS.



I know this limits me on what I can do in the coral dept and I know me....im going to end up wanting something different in a year (if I even make it that far)



so heres a couple options I came up with....but since I came back I don't know a thing about LED's in aquariums with corals and when I was in it before all I was told was "metal halide for corals"



I am trying to decide between:



4pcs-AquaSTAR 165W LED Aquarium Light Full Spectrum Dimmable

that one is on ebay if you would like to look





and



the reef breeders photon 60







Of course the first one is $650 and the other one is only $400 so based on that I know there has to be a difference but is it going to be noticeable?



If anyone has any other recommendations I would definitely be open to suggestions!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire