mercredi 25 février 2015

Hello everyone! New to the hobby - Western MA

Hey there!



My name is Jerry and I'm somewhat new to the marine life. A few years ago I started a saltwater tank that ended disastrously. Eventually I broke the tank down and got rid of everything.



Now I'm back and determined to make this work. I have a 55 gallon tank with a 10 gallon sump. I wanted to really get to know everything about my tank so decided that the best way (and least expensive, really) would be to build it from the ground up. I built my skimmer out of 4" pvc pipe and stands about 2 feet tall. The skimmer has 2 wood air stones attached to an air pump and a 200 GPH water pump for the water intake.



I built an overflow system with 1" pvc pipe and I used a ball valve on the intake and on the return. The water pump on the return line is 500 GPH.



I just purchased 25 lbs of base rock and plan on buying another 25 lbs of live rock at my LFS. I plan on having a 2" sand bed in the display tank and a 2" layer of crushed coral in the refugium (don't know if this is a good idea, but we'll see!).



I haven't added any water to the tank yet because I want to wait for the base rock to be delivered. I'm really excited about how the tank is coming together slowly and look forward to being a part of this community!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire