Hey TRT! Hopefully this is not the wrong place for this thread.
Today I was reading about Reel Reef Rock and noticed that they are stating that use a "Patent Pending Process" to manufacture their rock. Obviously I don't know what that patent actually protects, the product itself or just the process?
Its a bit worrying, I have been perfecting my DIY Tonga Branch Rocks & Shelf Rocks for over a year, and I am very close to figuring out the proper pigment coloration for the look of natural coralline algae, I have sold my branches on the local classifieds and people love them. I was hoping to continue making them and selling them on our local CL. I have never thought about "businesses[ing]" the idea. Does anyone here know of the actual patent that real reef has filed? Would this prevent us making our own live rock, or selling it? Or does it only protect the process of how it's manufactured.
Could this mean a potential end to DIY Live rock?
Here are a few pics of my rocks, these where just in the trials, my current attempts look more realistic.

Today I was reading about Reel Reef Rock and noticed that they are stating that use a "Patent Pending Process" to manufacture their rock. Obviously I don't know what that patent actually protects, the product itself or just the process?
Its a bit worrying, I have been perfecting my DIY Tonga Branch Rocks & Shelf Rocks for over a year, and I am very close to figuring out the proper pigment coloration for the look of natural coralline algae, I have sold my branches on the local classifieds and people love them. I was hoping to continue making them and selling them on our local CL. I have never thought about "businesses[ing]" the idea. Does anyone here know of the actual patent that real reef has filed? Would this prevent us making our own live rock, or selling it? Or does it only protect the process of how it's manufactured.
Could this mean a potential end to DIY Live rock?
Here are a few pics of my rocks, these where just in the trials, my current attempts look more realistic.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire