lundi 1 décembre 2014

Important: Is cycle stalled?! What to do?

Hello everyone! i am very new to this hobby and i am loving every single bit of it.

Except the cycling process. Let me begin my story.



4 weeks ago i went and purchased a Fluval Spec V tank (5 gallon) and i decided i will be creating a nano reef.



The same day i added 3.5 lbs of live rock that was in an established tank for around a full year. I decided to cycle my tank without any fish and only live rock and live sand because i do not want any fish to be harmed in the process.



I would test my water levels every single day waiting for ammonia spike and other things to happen. Every once in a while i would throw in some SuperBac to start the cycle(I'm not sure if this is the cause to my problem). Into the 3rd week i went and bought a small little hermit crab. during the 4th week i FINALLY NOTICED an increase in parameters, BUT A CRAZY INCREASE.



when i tested during the 4th week, I saw that my levels were as follows: AMMONIA 8PPM, NITRITE 5 PPM, NITRATE 40PPM.



I freaked out but remained patient at the same time. I was told that my cycle had stalled. I then did a 25% water change and NOTHING HAPPENED TO THE PARAMETERS, THEY STAYED THE EXACT SAME.



Now into the 5th week of my cycle, i just performed an 80% water change today and waited for the water to circulate around a little and tested the waters again.

To my surprise, the levels did not change much considering the fact that i changed practically 4 of the 5 gallons of water (80%water change). Now the levels are as follows:

AMMONIA is around ~5PPM, NITRITE IS 0.25PPM, AND NITRATE IS 5PPM.



PLEASE HELP ME LOL. I have patience that is not the problem. I just want to know if my cycle is on the right path and is ok.



If anyone has any advice to give me i really need it. I believe i will be doing another 50% water change in 2 or 3 days because this can't be normal.



Please also tell me if i should add any chemicals to my water and if i should be doing water changes.



Thank you so much everyone!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire