vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Jeremy's 55g Build

Been working on converting my freshwater 55g into a salt water tank. I'm starting this thread to document my progress an bring everyone along for the ride.



Equipment so far



55g Tank

29g Tank - Turning into a sump

Sicce 2.0 pump for return line

Reef Octopus 110INT internal skimmer

DIY Stand

DIY PVC Overflow.



Here is the tank Sitting on my stand. You can see the PVC Overflow on the left and the return line on the right.









Here is the 29g under the stand. Currently working out how the plumbing is going to work. You can see on the return line that I have disconnects above the pump and before the last vertical run to make the pump easy to remove to clean or do maintenance. I'm planning something similar for the overflow line as well.







Lastly a better picture of the overflow.







Next things to do:



Add braces under the ends of the sump.





Glue and paint the overflow. I'm using Krylon Fusion, which I saw recommended several times on this site.



Glue the return line.



Paint the back of the tank (on the outside).



Have glass cut and add bubble trap after skimmer. I'm thinking that I'm going to skip the refugium for now.I don't think it will be too difficult to add one in later if I decide that I need one, but I'm trying to keep things as simple as I can for the time being.







Thanks it for now, I'll post more pictures when I get a few more things done.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire