mardi 30 décembre 2014

Trulumen Retro Kit vs Marine Orbit

So I finally went out and got me a 29 gallon Biocube. I found a really great deal on a used one that was well taken care of.



The first thing I knew I needed to do was upgrade the lights. I run LEDs in all my freshwater tanks and love it. Also need to replace the splash shield. I am following someone elses instructions for making one here, with not so great results but its a work in progress LOL.



So I started looking up LED options. I was disappointed to find that most retro kits were $200. This seemed a bit outrageous to me, and certainly out of my price range.



I have the opportunity to purchase either a Current USA Trulumen LED Nano Retro Kit or a Current USA Marine Orbit 18" fixture, each for $100. From what I can tell both have the same wattage. Each seem to have their pros and cons.



The Trulumen kit is expandable, and seems to have more LEDs. And is new.



The Marine Orbit comes with Currents Pro Ramp Timer, which supposedly is worth $80 alone. But it is used, barely used from what I am told by the store it was returned to.



I do not plan to do anything too complicated in my tank. I want to grow some coral, but I will probably pic easy ones. In my freshwater tanks I grow plants, and lots, but I usually stick to easy ones.



Just curious what others think or what they would go with in the same situation. Thanks! The next process will be updating the filtration after.



My other problem is I find mixed results in searching these lights. I see some people say they are garbage, but I do not know if they are just only into the highest of the highest quality stuff. I have found others say that they lights are perfectly fine for most of the average aquarium keeper.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire