lundi 1 décembre 2014

Mandarins, I want one too

I didn't want to derail that other thread, but I'm a little confused about all the dragonet posts lately. I know there isn't one right way to run a tank, but the recommendations for these fish are all over the place!



There's so many beautiful fish for almost any tank size and experience level. Why do people want to get one that needs feeding 3 times a day and then try to get away with only feeding it once? Why do people want to see if they can drag out its death by starvation to 4-5 years and call that a win? Why do people want to try to keep it in a 1 year old tank when it is known to require a mature one? I don't see how that's fun at all.



I'm happy that some people's fish are fat, but I'm pretty sure there's more to the story. Like, it eats once a day in a 150 gal tank, or a ten year old 30 gal. People who are thinking about getting one may read these threads, and say "yeah, liveaquaria says it's not for me but that's just the mandarin police. My LFS and these forum posts say I can swing it in a 30 gal that's 6 months old, and I'll only have to feed it once a day."



I don't know how you get that useful information about the blackworm feeding tubes and stuff out without giving someone like me the excuse they are looking for. Like, "mine will be the special snowflake tank where the mandarins are fat and happy, not the sad tank where they are all decrepit."



/rant I'm just mad cause they look dope and I want one and it isnt fair that other kids get them and i dont *stamps foot*




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire