lundi 29 septembre 2014

Equipment Recommendations for a Newb

Ok so I recently decided to convert my tank over to a sand based tank with new filtration etc and even more recently I decided why not go with a reef tank for all this trouble. (was going to be a cichlid tank) And I'm looking for a suggestion on a skimmer.



Here's what I have so far:



150 gallon tank

FX6 Canister Filter

Aqueon Proflex Model 4 Sump (up to 2,200 GPH)

Reeflo Dart Hybrid Return Pump (up to 2600 GPH)

CPR CS202 Overflow (up to 1,500 GPH)

Neptune Apex Controller



I planned on trying to run about 1,200 GPH on my sump and I've noticed that the skimmers are no where near that for the models I'm looking at. Am I overthinking this?



I was thinking about the Super Reef Octopus SRO-3000INT for $489. I would really like to keep it under $500.



Thoughts? It seems like it would fit the sump chamber I have though I have to be honest that I'm still unsure of how it's plumbed especially when you have the return pump pulling 1,200 gph I would think that only a fraction of that will actually get cleaned by the skimmer. Thanks for any suggestions.



I'm also looking at adding any additional equipment needed if anyone has suggestions, such as an ATO to go with my Apex.

I've




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire