lundi 29 septembre 2014

Ati bulb issue

Just seeing if this has happened to anyone....



Several months ago I bought 2 60" 80 watt ati aqua blue special bulbs and they have been sitting in their wrappers since then...well I finally(2 tanks later) bought a fixture to run these as supplements on my 300



The fixture I bought is an oddysea 4 bulb unit with external ballasts and it came with 2 white bulbs and 2 actinics which all work fine but I figured the atis have to be better than the whites that came with it



Here's my issue...the whites that came with light just fine like I said but the atis only light at the ends and the center of the bulbs have those lines moving back and for like the bulb is bad??? Is it just 2 brand new bad bulbs(doubtful) or with the ballast just not fire the atis correctly??



A little more info...the ati bulbs both of them only light about 8 inches in on each end and the rest of the bulb is very very dim



What I tried...I put one of the original white bulbs in with an ati on the other side since each ballast runs 2 bulbs and the original white one lit and the ati was the same...only lit at ends...I tried this with both atis with the same result



Any ideas??



Stewie




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire