jeudi 25 septembre 2014

Canister filter clean sandbed?

I find that cleaning the sandbed involves way too much work and knowing myself I will eventually start to slack off on doing it. The biggest issue is I can only siphon up a little bit of the sand bed before the 5g bucket is full. I then have to haul the bucket to the sink and dump it out. I was wondering if I can make my own canister filter attach the inlet to the sandbed cleaner and the outlet back into the tank. Technically I can but is there a way to remove all the crap that is pulled out of the sand or will most of it just flow through the filters?



With that being said is it better to siphon like 1/15th of my sandbed once every week or every other week or build one of these and siophen say 50% of the sand bed. Even though the filter wont remove 100% of the detritus I think since it will allow me to siphon more of the sandbed it would be more beneficial.



What are your thoughts?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire