lundi 30 janvier 2017

Algae Identification

The photo on the right: This is a slow growing "plant" that is only on one rock. I've searched the internet for the type of algae, but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know what this is? It isn't cyano because it is STUCK to the rock like an ivy vine to a tree!

Photo on the Left: Also, there are two little "polyps" that have taken up residence in small holes in my live rock. When I touch them, they close up FAST and retreat into their holes. Should I get these out now? I don't know what they are. They sure are pretty, and I'd like to keep them. They are about the size of my little fingernail. Very tiny.

These photos are blurry...I tried to get them clear.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: green polyp.JPG Views: N/A Size: 111.9 KB ID: 145905   Click image for larger version Name: red algae.JPG Views: N/A Size: 124.8 KB ID: 145913  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire