dimanche 29 janvier 2017

Question and guidance needed

Here is my situation, I was given a 32 gallon reef tank because the person was getting out of the hobby. The person told me that he has not maintained the tank and that it was going downhill, so I decided to tackle the challenge. Once I arrived at the house to pickup the tank the coral was brown, there were a few fish in the tank, the sand looked bad and the salt creep was out of control. I was also given a boat load of chemicals.

My wife and I broke the tank down, I brought some tubs and filled them half way and made sure the rocks were submerged fully and place all the fish in the tubs with an air lines. I left about two to three inches of water in the tank for the sand and we made the one hour plus trip home with no issues.

After doing a google search and came across The Reef Tank and immediately joined and started reading the forums. I just need a few pointers on what should be done next?

So right now:
1. Fish and rocks (fully submerged) are in tubs with airlines.
2. Fish tank is sitting on stand with two to three inches of water in it no air or heat, sand has not been removed and also has a few snails in it.
3. Have tank bubbler and one tank pump in bucket of vinegar water soaking and running.

Any help would be appreciated, I know this will take some time and work so I am prepared for the long haul. I have included a pic of the tank prior to my wife and I broke the tanks down. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Tank.jpg Views: N/A Size: 57.3 KB ID: 145889  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire