jeudi 26 janvier 2017

Fresh to the saltwater theme

Howdy everyone! I posted what I plan to stock on the intro, so here I'll just discuss what I have and am in the process of getting.
I currently have a 55 gallon tank with stand. I really wanted to put a sump underneath but I really dont think it'll support the room.

-I have a used 48'' odyssea and have read mixed reviews on it. I've been running it 2-4 hours daily for over a month and half and it seems to work fine. The hood doesn't get too hot and it seems all the end caps work. It houses 4 bulbs 2 of which I already have 2 65w 12k bulbs. I want to get the 65w actinics to go with it. It also has 4 moonlight led's. The 2 fans also work on it. I know I'll have to upgrade in the future but as of right now, I figured it was fine.

-I have 60 lbs of dry crushed aragonite white sand. But I only want to use enought to cover the sides of my support base rocks. So im guessing it'll come to either 1-2" with 2.5" being the max/

-currently in the tank is a hydor 1500gph circulator. I have a hydor smart wave to go with it, but after reading about the clicks I'll more than likely be using it just to save socket space for two circulators. I was thinking of adding a hydor 850 to ramp up flow. Will this be too much for the space I have?

-I'm really wanting to get a Reef Octopus 1000 hob.

-I was going to start off with tap water but after researching wanted to DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME and get a rodi system.

-Since I wont have a sump and will be going with the hob skimmer, I was thinking of going with 2 100w heaters close to the circulators so as to limiit the amount of visual items in the tank. What do you all think?

Thats really all the major things I can think of. Once I reach the post amount to post pics and get more items, I'll start posting pics. Of course I know I'll need test kits, salt, and a good routine to be successful.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire