mercredi 25 janvier 2017

Freshwater dipping corals

I wish I would have taken before pictures so you all could see the difference but you will just have to take my word for it.

I have these two different frogspawn in my tank. One never really opened a whole lot in the past 4 months. The other did till about a month ago. I looked closely at both after being puzzled and found little white dots all over both of them that moved around. Still aren't sure what they were. So I reef dipped them with seachem 3 times each. No go. Even added much more than recommend and still...no go. The little bugs wouldn't go away. So finally I was sure that if I didn't fix it somehow the coral would end up dead. So I freshwater dipped them with RO/DI water at the same temp as my tank. Left them in there for 5 minutes. The most awful amount of slime and gunk and brown crap( that wasn't there before) came off. I figured if they were gonna die they were gonna die. Now 4 days later, they are open more then they have in the past few months. And no bugs! I'm hoping they open more and more each day. But this is way better!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: image.jpg Views: N/A Size: 117.0 KB ID: 145593  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire