vendredi 27 janvier 2017

Switching from Salt to fresh.. how?

Hi everyone, my 75g reef is just not where I want it to be. Ive done saltwater for 3 years now, and have upgraded lights, filters switched to RO/DI water even upgraded from my 55g to the 75g. This is tank is costing me a fortune in corals and having to buy ro water weekly. Ive been intrigued by discus tanks for a while and thinking I should give one try a try. In a perfect scenario I can sell all my livestock and corals and rock and start fresh with a freshwater tank. Now lets say Im in that scenario, what do I do. Is the equipment I have now good enough? I have a fluvial 306 canister, 75gph hob, a 4 bulb t5s set and orbit leds also, a heater, 2 950gph powerheads and my 75g tank. I know I would have to rinse everything really good and clean the salt off, but where do I go from there. I definatly want to do a planted tank so what substrate do I use? Are discus difficult to keep compared to a reef tank? Also can the tank have other freshwater fish. Really have no freshwater experience only salt, any tips would be great:agree::confused:


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire