mardi 31 janvier 2017

1970 17' Stortriss Mk 1 Restoration

Hello everyone! Although I dont have a reef tank still, I recently purchased a 1970 Stortriss Mk 1 for a steal. Unfortunately the previous owner was not kind to the boat, but luckily I am set on restoring it to a very good condition! I was very surprised to learn that the boat is Swedish in origin, as I live in Kansas of all places, so pretty darn cool it see it 4000 miles away from home!

It needs quite a bit of work, here is the current list:

Complete sanding of old paint and rust removal from keel, new paint
new interior - it is currently bare
new electronics system (has solar panel and some lights, but wring is extremely poorly done)
new bow window
window gasket replacement on all windows
new mast step
other various hardware replacements

I need to track down a new bow window as the current one is cracked, as well as a mast step for the boat as the current one is very bad and doesn't even allow for a pin to hold the mast to the base. So if anyone has any leads to those parts let me know!

you can see the broken bow window and mast step in 3rd and 4th pictures

Happy reefing er.. sailing!

link to album 1970 Stortriss - Album on Imgur

















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire