lundi 18 juillet 2016

Ignitus Anthais contantly getting cleaned

So my tank is almost a year old now and to celebrate the power went out for about 30 hours. Got a generator on and the powerheads moving water after about 24 hours.

Lost a pygmy angel, fromia star, and my radiate urchin. Luckily that was all. The corals seem to be okay.

Anyways I needed to pick up some fresh frozen food, and my wife loved the Radiata so I ordered another one of those.

I didn't intend to buy any fish, but you know how it goes. I came home with 3 Ignitus Anthais and a fire shrimp. I dripped all of them for an hour and put them in my tank. Hours later and all day yesterday the anthais have done nothing but pester my cleaner shrimp and fire shrimp to clean them. Which both will happily do.

I've seen these guys in the LFS for over 2 months, and they look very healthy, plus they love frozenshrimp and cyclopod+. Even this morning they were hanging out at the cleaning stations. Do you think they have some kind of parasites? There's nothing I can see externally on their bodies. Anthais seem to be a quirky fish so maybe there OCD clean freaks or something. Other than that they don't rub on rocks or sand.

Any ideas on why they liked to be cleaned so much?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire