lundi 25 juillet 2016

Lathanum chloride dosing tips for nano?

So this will be my last ditch effort to cure my tank of the bryopsis algae problems its been facing for quite some months now.

Already tried the following:
-peroxide dosing (zoas hate it, my mandarin got skinny after dosing it which probably means it killed off alot of my pods. Acans went polyp bailout.)
-tech M took my levels to 1700 for 2 weeks and nothing, used a whole big bottle on my 37g lost some snails.
- Manual removal (just grows back)
- Turning off the red/green leds on my photon v2
- Daily or every other day been doing 15-30% waterchanges (30% when its every other day)
- Ran biopellets for a month or two but it caused a cyano outburst and quickly fried the stylo frags. Been running gfo in a phosban 150 since, changed about 2 times already. (50 grams)
- Always blow rocks off with baster, the increasing bryopsis is trapping more and more detritus
- Daily skimmer cleaning on a reef octo 152(rated like 4x over my volume)(dry skim)
- Been sucking out more and more of my sandbed every week(doing this slowly even though its only a 2" bed)

I drain my frozen food before feeding, turn off punps to feed, and run filter sock while feeding or cleaning. Im at my wits end and the lathanum chloride, although not very safe imo, will be the best effort i have left to decrease the phosphates that are fueling this crazy growth. The bryopsis has even outgrown my chaeto and its not growing any bigger in sump now

Does anyone have success or atleast experience in handling this chemical in nanos? How do you go about dosing, and what micron filter sock should i implement to avoid any sediment making it back through the loop?

Thanks for reading, and any additional help you can deliver, hoping i can get tank stable before i start PA school otherwise i dont see myself having the time to start all over again.

-Scott


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire