mercredi 6 avril 2016

Weird pH fluxuations and diatoms

I've been trying to get to the bottom of why I have such a large bloom of diatoms right now. The bloom is so bad that the tank gets a thin brown film in a day and in a few days I get long strings coming off of everything. I've tested my water and the parameters are:
Calcium: 440 mg/L
Copper: 0 ppm
Phosphate: 0.0 ppm (mg/L) (I thought this was my problem, but I don't have any phosphates??)
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm
Ammonia: 0 ppm
KH: 142.2 ppm
My pH this morning at 11:00 was 7.4, and every time I had tested it, it had been 8.4. I tested twice to confirm that it was real. Then this afternoon around 7:30 I tested it again and it was at 8.8 and I'm not sure why it has fluxuated this much.
Any suggestions on things I should be doing for my tank?
I am looking into getting an RO-DI unit as I currently use tap water.... I know slap on the wrist....
Tank is 4 months old and I've already gone through one diatom bloom that was nothing like this intensity.
Thanks to any responses


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire